09 Jun Top ten most over-used tech PR stories
There’s nothing new under the sun. And I think that’s broadly true for tech PR. If you’ve been in any way connected to the business over a period of years, you’ll have seen many of the same or very similar PR story angles re-hashed time after time. Just to make the point, I’ve put together a list of some of my favourites below (I admit it – I’m as guilty as the next man in using some of these).
1. A surprising number of firms aren’t backing up their business data!
2. Employees continue to use ridiculously easy passwords.
3.The biggest IT security risk comes from inside the organisation.
4.Lots of companies don’t have a business continuity plan.
5. This holiday season stressed out business people will be logging in to work from the pool/beach.
6. Mobile/remote working technology allows businesses to work despite…(insert example of latest snow storm, flood, rail strike etc).
7. Businesses will soon stop using mainframe computers.
8. Company data is growing at an alarmingly fast rate – how will IT depts cope?
9. Businesses aren’t clearing hard disks of confidential data before scrapping their old PCs.
10. Lots of firms aren’t prepared for …(insert the latest IT/data compliance regulation).
Let me know if you can think of any more.